Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Cinnamon Biscotti

So the other day I was watching Giada on the Food Network and she made savory biscotti that looked amazing.  Since it is such a nasty rainy day I decided to make some biscotti of my own.  I didn't have the seasoning that Giada used so I decided to go with a sweeter version; plus I love to dip biscotti in my coffee or tea so this works better for me anyway.

Chocolate Cinnamon Biscotti
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
1 3/4 cup flour
white baking chocolate

Preheat oven to 375.  Blend butter until creamy, about 30 seconds.  Then add cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.  Blend til well mixed.  Beat eggs into mixture.  Then slowly add your flour and chocolate chips or baking chocolate.  The ingredients will form a dough.  On a greased cookie sheet mold your dough like shown below or if you like smaller pieces of biscotti you can form two smaller loaves.  Bake for 20-25 min. (check with a toothpick to make sure it is done)

 Let the biscotti cool on a cooling rack for one hour.  Then slice with a serated knife. 
Once sliced put back into oven on an ungreased cookie sheet at 325 for 8 min on each side. 

And voila you have yummy biscotti!!  This recipe was super easy to make and other then baking and cooling time it was quick to make too! It is also super easy to add and remove ingredients like the chocolate and cinnamon and add savory ingredients to go with dinner or a nice salad.  I hope you enjoy this and feel inpsired to try some on your own!!

~Kristyn


No comments:

Post a Comment