Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mexican Chicken Dinner


So yesterday I took chicken out to thaw for dinner.  I never ended up using it so I figured I would use it today and so I decided to try something new for dinner.  I made a Mexican Chicken in the crockpot.  I love using my crockpot because you don't have to do a whole lot and there isn't very much cleaning afterwards.  This chicken dish was delicious and super easy. 

What you need:
Chicken Breast ( I used 2 breasts)
1 1/2 cups of Salsa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Tastefully Simple Wahoo Chili
1 tsp Parsley
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1 can of Chcken broth
1 can of corn niblets (drained)
Oil for bottom of crockpot

To start season your chicken with salt pepper and cumin (or whatever else you would like).  Turn the crockpot on to low and sprinkle some oil into the bottom. Then it is simple.  Put all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir until everything is blended together well.  Next put the lid on and go on with your day.  I stirred everything a couple of times through out the day just to make sure it was well mixed.  Before you get ready to eat shred the chicken, which will most likely have already started to fall apart on its own.  Once it was ready to serve I shredded cheddar cheese for garnish. 



For the Corn Cake: 
Box of Jiffy Yellow Cake mix
1  can of corn niblets (do not drain, you will use the liquid in place of the water called for on the cake box)
1 egg

Mix the above ingredients until well blended.  I used my mixing spoon to crush some of the corn to really incorporate the corn into the cake batter.  Have your pan greased and lightly floured (8x8 9x9 8-9" round pan or cup cake pan).  Bake at 350 for 20-25  minutes.  I broiled mine for two or three minutes at the end for a nice brown top.

Now it's time to eat!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment